Mike Murley Septet
Saturday, September 10th, 8:30 to 11:30 pm.
Cover charge: $20/person – tickets available as of August 13 at Words Worth Books in Uptown Waterloo (cash only). Free to annual pass holders.
Mike Murley is an extraordinary, award-winning saxoponist (tenor and soprano), who plays regularly in Canada and internationally. Since moving to Toronto in 1981 from Nova Scotia, he has emerged as one of Canada’s leading musical Jazz greats.
- 1991 Juno award winner for “Two Sides CD”
- 2002 Juno award winner for “Live at the Senator” (CD with Ed Bickert, Steve Wallace)
- 2002 National Jazz Awards winner as “Saxophonist of the Year”
- 2004 National Jazz Awards winner as “Saxophonist of the Year”
- 2005 National Jazz Awards winner as “Saxophonist of the Year”
- 2007 National Jazz Awards winner as “Acoustic Group of the Year” (with David Braid)
- Juno Award Winner for Best Contemporary Jazz Album – Murley/Braid Quartet – “Mnemosyne’s March”
The Mike Murley Septet also includes some of Canada’s leading Jazz greats. In addition to Mike, the septet usually includes (please note, like many groups, any given performance may include others, depending on availability, illness, etc.):
- Tara Davidson – soprano and alto saxophone
- Kevin Turcotte – trumpet
- Terry Promane- trombone
- David Braid – piano
- Jim Vivian – bass
- Ted Warren – drums
Come join us for a night to remember!
For more information about Mike Murley, please visit: